Monday, May 18, 2009

Caroline's First Birthday

You're Invited!
To a Mothers and Daughters Tea Party in Honor of Caroline's First Birthday!
Saturday, May 16, 2009 at Four O'Clock
She wore her Birthday Dress from Grandma Scott, her tiara from Sister Knight, her "Nursery Princess" bracelet and adorable (magnetic) earrings.

So many of our friends came to celebrate with us. Luckily, they are all very tolerant of my "girly-ness"!

Our Little princess. She likes her "tea" a lot. She asks politely for another cucumber sandwich!
Caroline and Bekah enjoy the birthday cup cake!What an adorable cake. Who could have made such a thing? It was me. All me. I did have a practice run that didn't go so well.
Todd didn't mind though. That man loves his cake! He made a "cake sandwich".
She loves her birthday chair from Mom Mom. Notice the adorable blanket that Nanny Jenny made for her, as well as her cute bathing suit from Nonna! The bear on her lap is from Parker.
It was quite an Event! Although, I think I confused a new member of the church who is from Bolivia. She asked, "I'm confused. In the United States... are Mormons allowed to drink tea?" I had to clarify that while we were calling it a "Tea Party" our cups were filled with harmless lemonade. Perhaps I should have put a disclaimer somewhere on the Invite!
Speaking of the cups, Jenny, Liz and I spent a few hours one day painting them with cute little flowers and swirling vines. I thought I should put some sort of glaze on them before I washed them. I glazed them and they smelled so bad I thought for sure they would poison anyone who drank from them (frankly, I thought a poisoned tea cup would make for a perfect, dramatic end to a princess tea party but probably not worth it in the long run...) Anyway, I decided to wash the stinky cups and of course all of the cute paint came off. So now my tea cups were stinky, foggy and no longer adorably painted. Next time I am just going to buy a damn tea set. Can't wait until next year!!!

3 comments:

  1. So cute. It makes me want a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe of your "Skills." You rock mama! Very cute. I wanna see you.... B A D! Let's hook up soon k?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you all Sooooooooo Much!!! She is getting more adorable everytime I see pictures of her. What an wonderful 1st birthday party. I LOVED the cupcake cake and I especially liked the story about the cups. LOL.
    Like I said before "You have the talent for writing..." Keep it up. Very entertaining!!!!
    Love you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete