Monday, May 18, 2009

Mom Mom's Mother's Day Surprise

So, we didn't get to see Mom Mom on Mother's Day and I didn't get much of a break on Mother's Day because Todd had lots of meetings and a Finance Final to complete and the Elders showed up to call their Moms. Anyway, we decided that we would have a special Day-After Mother's Day Surprise Celebration!

Parker and Bash and I worked hard on the cupcakes, as you can tell from the last post. I also worked hard on dinner as well as keeping my kids and house clean all day until Mom came over. It was exhausting, as well a lost cause... but such is a Mother's life!


My Mom feigns surprise at her gifts... a salt and pepper shaker to replace the ones my kids had broken at Easter! Yea! She did get a bonus matching butter dish!

And she reads the cards the kids picked out for her. If it were up to my kids all cards would be those singing cards. Those things are like five bucks though, so we reserve them for out-of-town loved ones who don't get to see us very often!

Caroline enjoyed the cupcakes as well.

We all enjoyed our Mother's Day dinner and I enjoyed not cleaning up! Thanks honey!!
I'm pretty sure Mom Mom likes getting the kids all riled up before she leaves. I think she thinks of it as a small piece of revenge for my teenage years!
This was us attempting to get a cute pic of the kids with Mom Mom. As usual, Parker was the most difficult of the bunch. (See Parker's introduction post!)

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, Mother in law, Sisters in law and all my Mom friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment