Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wednesdays with Mom Mom

She creeps in the front door... many times I am back in bed after getting Bash off to school. I hear the front door creak open and a voice say, "Hello!" Then the pitter patter of two pairs of feet running to greet our visitor, "Mom Mom!!" Parker and Caroline shout.


We have been so lucky to have Mom Mom visit us many a Wednesday. She is not your typical grandma. Or maybe she is. She spoils them rotten and can't seem to say "No". But she also plays Wii with them even if they always beat her badly.

She plays train conductor and super heroes, tea party and monsters, dress up and hide and seek. In short, she'll do anything they ask her to.

She always brings a salad to share for lunch and knows not to share her brown soda!

She'll watch "The Bee Movie" over and over and over again without (much) complaint. Then there's almost always a special trip to Target and a small gift for each child, and of course, a slushy. If I let her, she'll spend all her hard earned cash on my already spoiled children!

Later, she'll watch Bash play soccer and cheer him loudly. The kids are always sad to see her go but not too sad. They know we'll always see her next Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Mom Mom sounds like the Perfect Grandma! I wish I could be a better grandma. You tell Bash, Parker and Caroline that they are LUCKY to have a grandma like her and never to take advantage of that! I miss them so much when I see how they're growing into such wonderful kids. It helps to have the Perfect Parents also :)

    ReplyDelete