Monday, June 15, 2009

If you're going to San Francisco...

...be sure to wear a sweatshirt because it can get chilly right there off the water. :)


The next day we decided to go to San Fran. Well, actually, Todd had no interest in going. Maybe he saw enough of it growing up in Nor Cal but I would spend everyday there if he'd let me. At any rate, he insisted Jenny, the kids and I have adult supervision and my friend Gail wanted to go anyway so that worked out well. :)

Gail, Jenny, Park and Bash. Sebastian and Parker on Embarcadero. Bash posing at the crab.

Jenny had never been there and I still enjoy the tourist stuff so we did the usual; Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, etc. The Pier was probably the kids' favorite. As soon as Bash saw another kid doing Bungee Trampoline he was absolutely insistent that he could do it too. Truthfully, I had my doubts because this kid is not exactly a dare devil. But I thought it was a reasonable price so I let him go. I'm so glad I did because he looked like he was having the time of his life! He told me that this is how Astronauts train to go into space and he was so proud of himself. Of course, Parker wanted to do it then as well and Park is definitely a dare devil so I let him. Parker does not like to show his feelings very much so he would turn his head when he smiled so we wouldn't see him but after ward he had a huge smile for me! So Fun!!


At that point, I think the kids assumed it was an "anything goes with Mom" sort of day because then they spotted the carousel and of course we had to ride.

After that was the obligatory visit to the Sea Lions who live at the Pier. Everyone was fascinated. Caroline was very frustrated that she couldn't touch them and Parker was absolutely mesmerized. Sebastian did his best Sea Lion impression.

Off the Pier we saw lots of ships and that really impressed the kids. Bash was sure one ship was "Zack and Cody's" ship. (If you watch the Disney Channel you will know what I am talking about!)

We also ran into sponge bob. Yea...
At the end of the Pier we had lunch at Bubba Gump, which is my favorite. Even Jenny had Shrimp and she isn't crazy about it.

After the Pier we headed down Embarcadero toward Ghirardelli Square. We stopped to watch the bakers at Boudin Sourdough's Demonstration Bakery. Gail bought us a sourdough turtle but Parker bit its head off before I got a picture. Those bakers are amazing though. This lady was making a fish and there in front of Bash is a Crocodile (Retails for around $50). So Cool.

After that was Ghirardelli Square. OK, of you haven't been to Ghirardelli Square in a while (or ever) I strongly recommend a little shop called "Kara's Cupcakes". Nothing but cupcakes which are delicious if slightly over-priced ($3.25 each; $36 for a dozen). I am a sucker for good merchandising though and this place was perfect. If I had a cupcake shop (or any kind of shop for that matter) I would want it to look exactly like this place. So cute.




Gail generously bought a dozen for us to take home and share with Todd (who, as I have previously mentioned, is slightly fanatical about cake: I always say he's a fat guy on the inside).
So next we went to Ghirardelli for ice cream which Parker mostly slept through but the rest of us enjoyed thoroughly. Caroline even thought the menu might be tasty.


We had a really great time and hit the beach after that but that will have have to wait for another post...

3 comments:

  1. Love all the pics and stories. I want to go and be a tourist! I remember doing a report on San Fran in school and writing about all those places. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN for you guys. Love the latest posts, but am going to be a bit of a "nagger." GET IN A PHOTO girl. I wanna see that pretty face.

    Glad you had a good time.

    MUAH
    love ya
    jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline is getting so big! Looks like you guys had fun I am so jealous! And it looks like you got a pink stroller too, your so funny!

    ReplyDelete