Friday, June 4, 2010

Summer Plans

"That beautiful season the summer!

Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light;

and the landscape

Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The fireflies are back. We always called them "lightning bugs" when I was a kid. Beautiful. the boys watch them out their windows at night. These are the only bugs I like here in Pennsylvania.



I love the way my kids smell in the summertime. It's a mixture of sunscreen and grass and dirt. But they are happy and free. I am finally starting to relax about letting them get dirty.

Of course I couldn't let the summer begin without making plans to make sure the kids won't be sitting around all summer.

A sample week goes something like this:

Monday: Bash's Summer reading Program at the library, Parker swim lessons, Bash guitar lessons.
Tuesday: Free movie at the theater, Caroline's Summer Library program, Parker swim lessons
Wednesday: Parker's Summer Library Program, Swim Lessons, Bash Art Class
Thursday: Science Program for Bash and Park, Tiny Tots Tumbling for Caroline.
Friday: Slow Day! Just Swim Lessons and probably the sprinkler park.

On top of this bash has Art Camp and Soccer camp for two full weeks!

In other news, Todd is going to California for a week in July where he will attend two Giants games with his family. I am going to miss him so much and am a little jealous that he gets his very own vacation but he totally deserves it!

While he is gone I think the kids and I will go to the Hill Cumorah Pageant in Palmyra. We loved it last year. Also, if we can stand it, I would love to visit Kirtland too.

I would also like to go to the beach and we are trying to plan a camping trip. This summer is getting expensive!

In still other news, I am officially freelance writing for our local paper and local magazine. This is a life-long goal and I hope to keep busy but not too busy, because my full time "gig" is still being a Mom!

Caroline had a wonderful tea party birthday party. And Bash has just finished Kindergarten. Parker got into the preschool we wanted him to (the same school Bash attended), so he is very excited.

Now you are updated!

oxoxo Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment